Jindal Tubular COVID 19 Action Plan
The outbreak of the coronavirus that causes the COVID-19 infection presents a new workplace hazard. The purpose of this communication is to provide you with information about the coronavirus and what we can do to keep our workplaces safe. The situation is very dynamic and changes by the minute.
There is no higher priority to our entire Jindal Tubular family than the Safety of our Customers and Employees. We are successfully implementing business continuity plans using guidelines issued by appropriate sources like WHO, CDC, Federal Government & Department of Health and Human Services, and the local authorities.
Jindal Tubular is committed to take and implement decisions to protect health and safety of the employees, customers, vendors as well as the safety of our facilities. We have engaged with all the employees by providing training and educational measures related to COVID-19.
At Jindal Tubular, we also have implemented following additional precautions:
- Employees in non-critical function have been sent home to work remotely.
- Daily temperature check of all individuals entering property starting 0545 hours at the security gate.
- Face covering required for all individuals on the property.
- Restricted access to our property for employees, deliveries and 3rd party contractors (advance approval required).
- Staggered start and end times for employees.
- Social distancing marks (6 ft.) at all time clock locations and break-room
- Sanitizer spray bottles placed throughout the facility for easy access and use by employees.
- Weekly concentrated cleaning of all plant terminals, break and restrooms, etc.
- Daily communication during entrance to facility by HSE on social distancing and hygiene.
- Pertinent postings at time clock locations to keep employees informed.
- Strategic Placement of 8 ft. tables throughout the mills to encourage social distancing during breaks.
- When reporting absenteeism, supervisors must report the illness, symptoms, or cases of precautionary self-isolation to Human Resources via Bart.Shacklock@jindaltubular.us or through their HR Advisor. This will ensure proper tracking and support our response efforts if diagnosed with COVID-19:
- Report immediately to HR and to your Supervisor
- Return to work must be cleared by a medical professional
- If the family member is diagnosed with COVID-19, medical clearance for the employee or contractor will be required to return to work.
- Otherwise, if the illness is symptomatic of COVID-19 but no-official COVID-19 diagnosis has been made, the worker may return to work when they have been fever-free for at least 48 hours unassisted by medication
- Suspending all non-essential travel
If you have any concerns, please reach out to your contact at Jindal Tubular or write to Bart.Shacklock@jindaltubular.us
Stay Healthy and Keep Safe
Jindal Tubular Management